Each student at the Pottstown Senior High School will be provided with an opportunity to receive a Chromebook which can be used at school and at home. More information is available in the “One to One Student handbook” which is accessible on the district website at http://www.pottstownschools.org
Students are responsible to adhere to the Pottstown School Board of Directors’ Policy 815: Utilization of Technology located online: http://www.pottstownschools.org/BoardPolicies.aspx
Students and Parents/Guardians are responsible to adhere to the guidelines and information outlined in the One to One Chromebook Handbook for Students and Parents/Guardians.
Important Points to Remember
- If we do not receive the Chromebook Acceptance form signed by both parent/guardian and student, a device will NOT be issued.
- The Chromebook must stay in the district-issued case.
- Charge your Chromebook each night so it is ready for school. Battery should last 10 hours if fully charged.
- Chargers should not be brought to school. When the Chromebook is collected, the collection includes the device assigned to the student, case, the charger block, and the charger cable.
- All repairs must be done through the Pottstown School District.
- The Chromebooks are attached to a serial number that will be associated with your student ID.
- The Chromebook can only be logged in with a valid Pottstown email address and password.
- The district maintains the ability to track, locate and lock a lost or stolen Chromebook.
- The Chromebook is the property of the school district and the user should have no expectation of privacy.