The Pottstown School District will provide students with a taxpayer-funded Chromebook which the student and parent is financially responsible for and must reimburse the district if lost, stolen, or damaged. More details about the rules and guidelines are available 1:1 Chromebook Handbook.
Students and Parents/Guardians are responsible to adhere to the guidelines and information outlined in the 1:1 Chromebook Handbook for Students and Parents/Guardians.
Important Points to Remember
- You are financially responsible for any damage, breakage, theft or loss of district-issued Chromebooks
- If we do not receive this signed Chromebook Responsibility form, a device WILL NOT be issued.
- The Chromebook must stay in the district-issued case, if applicable.
- Charge your Chromebook each night so it is ready for school. The battery should last 10 hours if fully charged.
- Chargers should not be brought to school, but you must return the chargers upon request, in working order.
- When the Chromebook is collected, the collection includes the device assigned to the student, the case, the charger block, and the charger cable.
- Chromebooks are on loan from the district and will need to be returned when requested.
- All repairs must be done through the Pottstown School District.
- The Chromebooks are attached to a serial number that will be associated with your student ID. Additionally, the serial number cannot be covered with stickers.
- The Chromebook can only be logged in with a valid Pottstown email address and password.
- The district maintains the ability to track, locate, and lock a lost or stolen Chromebook.
- The Chromebook is the property of the school district, and the user has no expectation of privacy.
- If a student debt is incurred due to damage, loss, etc of a Chromebook, that debt must be satisfied in order for the student to be eligible for any co-curricular activity, including graduation, prom, sports, dances, etc.