THE SCHEDULING PROCESS
1. Students consult this program of studies, their course selection sheet, their parents, and their teachers.
2. Students select appropriate grade level graduation requirements (Math, English, etc.)
3. Students select any other electives (Band, Chorus, JROTC, Foreign Language, etc.)
4. Students bring in their signed course selection sheets and meet with guidance counselors to enter in their course requests into a computer terminal.
5. An incomplete course selection sheet will mean forfeiture of any electives or course requests. A guidance counselor or a member of administration will create a schedule for that student and no future requests to change the schedule will be honored.
6. A schedule will be created for each student, with required courses being the primary focus . As many electives will be given as it is possible for each student.
* STUDENT SCHEDULES ARE NOT CHANGED DUE TO PERSONAL CONFICTS, CHANGE OF MIND, OR ACADEMIC FAILURE.
Every effort will be made to schedule a student for the courses requested. In the event of insufficient registration and/or staffing or facility limitations, the administration reserves the right to cancel any course or limit enrollment.
“Approval”: Courses with this notation require teacher or administration approval before course will be scheduled. This should be indicated on the course enrollment sheets students are given.
The Principal must approve all courses taken for credit in summer school in advance .
Schedules may be changed due to summer school enrollment.
All schedules are subject to change depending on course availability, staffing changes, program changes, or other non-academic reasons, or at the discretion of the guidance counselors and/or principal.
Once the school year begins, schedules will be considered finalized. No schedule changes will be made during the school year, including between semesters .
In the event there is an error, omission, contradiction, or other unknown problem with this program of studies, it will be the responsibility of the high school principal or his/her designee to find resolution. The principal retains sole discretion to change the program of studies requirements under extenuating circumstances.
**STUDENTS WITH IEP’S MUST RECEIVE APPROVAL FROM THEIR IEP TEACHER FOR ALL COURSES.