New Pa. State Mandates
BE PREPARED----------VACCINATE NOW
FOR ATTENDANCE IN ALL GRADES IN 2011/2012 children need the following:
- · 4 doses of tetanus* (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
- · 4 doses of diphtheria* (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
- · 4 doses of Polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose)
- · 2 doses of measles**
- · 2 dose of mumps**
- · 1 dose of rubella (German measles)**
- · 3 doses of hepatitis B
- · 2 dose of varicella (chickenpox) vaccine or history of disease
* Usually given as DTP or DTaP or DT or Td
** Usually given as MMR
Children ENTERING 7TH GRADE in 2011/ 2012 need the following by the first day of school:
- · 1 does of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) (if 5 years has elapsed since last tetanus immunization)
- · 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV).
These requirements allow for medical reasons and religious beliefs.
If your child is exempt from immunizations,
He /she may be removed during an outbreak.
Contact your healthcare provider or 1-877-PA HEALTH for more information