New Pa. State Mandates
BE PREPARED----------VACCINATE NOW
FOR ATTENDANCE IN ALL GRADES children need the following:
- 4 doses of tetanus* (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of diphtheria* (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of Polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose)
- 2 doses of measles**
- 2 dose of mumps**
- 1 dose of rubella (German measles)**
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 dose of varicella (chickenpox) vaccine or history of disease
* Usually given as DTP or DTaP or DT or Td
** Usually given as MMR
Children ENTERING 7TH GRADE need the following by the first day of school:
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) (Given on or after the child’s 11th birthday.)
- 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV).
Children ENTERING 12th GRADE need the following by the first day of school:
- 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV) (Given on or after the child’s 16th birthday).
These requirements allow for medical reasons and religious beliefs.
If your child is exempt from immunizations,
He /she may be removed during an outbreak.
Contact your healthcare provider or 1-877-PA HEALTH for more information