Congratulations to PHS Engineering Technology Teacher, Mr. Andy Bachman on being selected as an Axalta All-Pro Educator. Recognized by students, staff, administration and community as a caring, creative educator who will challenge students to use their skills and imagination in developing creative solutions to real life problems. His students have taken on issues such as eliminating food waste, highway construction traffic safety issues and child car safety. His students have earned awards in STEM education, received grants and traveled to Ecuador and Kenya to assist in humanitarian projects. Students and parents alike agreed class with Andy Bachman is an enriching enjoyable educational experience that will never be forgotten.
Axalta All-Pro Teachers is a program that recognizes outstanding 5th through 12th grade teachers in the tri-state area for their contribution to their students, school and community. Axalta and the Philadelphia Eagles select ten (10) exceptional teachers to be honored in their classrooms and by Eagles fans.
The criteria for selection as an Axalta All-Pro Teacher are as follows:
As a recipient of this award, Mr. Bachman will receive the following:
- Educational Drive: Teacher demonstrates a commitment to seeing all students excel in the classroom and supports colleagues within the school system.
- Innovation in the Classroom: Teacher demonstrates innovative ways of inspiring students through incorporating technology in the classroom as part of the learning process.
- Community Ownership: Teacher engages students outside the classroom via after school programs, clubs, student government and/or athletics.
- $2,000 donation to their school to be used for school supplies or programming
- Four (4) tickets to a select Eagles home game (pre and regular season)
- One (1) reserved parking pass to a select Eagles home game (pre and regular season)
- Personalized Replica Eagles jersey
- Personalized Eagles football
- Invitation for four (4) guests to attend the Teacher of the Year Event
Axalta is a leading global company focused solely on coatings and providing customers with innovative, colorful, beautiful and sustainable solutions. From light OEM vehicles, automotive refinish and commercial vehicles to electric motors, building and pipelines, our coatings are designed to prevent corrosion, increase productivity and enable the materials we coated to last longer. With more than 145 years of experience in the coatings industry, the 12,000 people of Axalta continue to find ways to serve our more than 120,000 customers in 130 countries better every day with the finest coatings, application systems and technology. Axalta is proud to call Philadelphia home to its corporate headquarters.