College Application Process
- Have a list of at least 3-5 schools that you are interested in applying to. Remember to have your “Reach” School, “Realistic” School, and “Safe” School. Ideally, you have visited these schools and are familiar with their admission requirements.
- Fill out an application either online or paper application. If you used a fee waiver for the SAT/ACT, you will be able to receive a maximum of four college application fee waivers. A note about fee waivers, students may be eligible for an SAT/ACT fee waiver when they register to take the test. Stop into the Guidance office to see if you are eligible.
- If teacher recommendations are necessary, provide teacher(s) with a stamped and addressed envelope to send your recommendation directly.
- If counselor recommendation and/or evaluation is necessary, a personal data sheet must accompany the request. Please allow up to two weeks for processing.
- Fill out a transcript release request to be submitted to the Guidance secretary. Each school must be listed on the form. Official transcripts are sent directly from Pottstown High School .
- We will be happy to send out your application materials on your behalf provided your application packet is complete. You must have all documents filled out including essays and any associated application fees ready to be mailed out.
- In January/February, fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for Financial Aid.
- In April/May, review award letters.
- Notify the Guidance Office of your acceptances, scholarship amount, and your final decision. In June, final transcripts must be mailed to the school of your choice.