Good Afternoon Pottstown Parents and Guardians,
At the end of last week, Montgomery County leaders publicly announced that the county designation is moving from low to medium transmission levels due to rising COVID-19 positivity. Although hospitalization and severe disease continues to be low, there is increasing transmission and case positivity.
Please be reminded that strategies and recommendations have changed quite significantly since the beginning of the pandemic. In the early days, we were trying to “Flatten the Curve” by reducing the chances of any type of transition. Now, with disease being quite prevalent throughout the community, the strategy has shifted. Mass Contact Tracing and other older procedures have not been recommended or used for quite some time.
While school cases remain very low. With 15 school days left the purpose of this communication is to keep you informed of the current guidance and mitigation methods recommended to schools:
- Vaccination and booster shot for all eligible and willing persons
- Use of Rapid Testing or PCR when symptomatic; or use of Rapid Testing 4-6 days after exposure to a known Covid-19 positive person
- Continued social distancing measures wherever possible
- Voluntary masking indoors
- Limiting large group exposures indoors (Use of outdoors where possible)
- Isolating if or when individuals test positive for Covid-19
For more general information, visit https://www.montcopa.org/9/COVID-19
For a list of testing sites, visit https://www.montcopa.org/3744/COVID-19-Testing
School Staff will support families wherever possible, but please be sure to consult with your family physician for medical care questions.
Stephen J. Rodriguez
Superintendent of Schools