Last week, I announced to the school board and shared publicly, the preliminary 21-22 school year plan to return to full time in-person instruction 5 days per week starting August 23rd 2021. You can see the entire presentation on our Facebook page (Live video) or our website. Here are the basics of the plan:
- All students eligible to return to in-person instruction
- Breakfast and lunch to be served daily
- Regular full day schedule including transportation
- Social distancing will be 3 to 6 feet where feasible
- Masks will most likely be required, all or part of the time, based on guidance from Department of Health and Office of Public Health of Montgomery County
- Voluntary assurance-antigen testing program will be offered along with voluntary vaccination clinics if available
We expect that the vast majority of students are eager to return to in person instruction. However, for those students or families that may have a medical or other need that might keep them from in-person instruction, we are planning for a robust virtual option that would allow students to learn from home. But we will need your help to prepare appropriately!
NOTE: Students may be ineligible for this option if they currently have poor attendance and/or failing grades.
Each of our schools will be sending you a survey that I highly encourage you to take so that we can appropriately plan for, and schedule your children next year.
As always, thank you for your continued support and participation in the educational process. Working together we will provide the foundation they need for future success. We are looking forward to an excellent start of the next school year!
Thank you and stay safe.
Superintendent of Schools