Welcome to Mrs. Corominas' Teacher Web Page
Pottstown High School ~ Classroom #222
Photo Above: Mrs. Corominas in Viejo San Juan, Puerto Rico - July 2015
School Phone: (610)970-6700 Ext. 82-222
750 N. Washington Street Pottstown, PA 19464
High School Teacher Hours: 7:20AM-2:50PM Monday through Friday
Some fun questions to get to know more about me...
1. What’s your whole name? Kristina Rose Corominas
2. Are you named after anyone? Aunt Kristina - she is a singer and I was born screaming (a song). My middle name is a namesake to my late Grandma Rose.
3. Do you have any siblings? Yes, I have an older half brother (Charles) and a younger half brother (Neil).
4. Where did you grow up? Runnemede, New Jersey
5. What activities did you do in high school? I was always a busy girl. I believe that is the key to staying motivated and on track. Student government, class officer, interact, school store, soccer team manager, cheerleading, school news announcements team, and more. I also worked after school and on the weekends part-time in retail, then later as a children's photographer.
6. Where did you go to college? For my undergraduate degree, I attended Moravian College in Bethlehem, PA and majored in secondary education and history. A few years later, I continued onto my graduate studies in Bethlehem, PA at Lehigh University. I completed my Master's Degree in Special Education in 2012. I am currently attending Penn State University for a Post-Master's Degree in educational leadership in special education.
7. What activities did you do in college? While I did have a lot of fun throughout my four years of college, I always kept up with my studies and got excellent grades. I was a class officer (again), as well as the president of the historical studies honor society and the Panhellenic association of women. I was also involved in an emerging leader scholars program and Zeta Tau Alpha national sorority to name a few. I also continued working as a children's photographer for some extra money!
8. What kind of music do you like? Everything... but I really enjoy 90's and 2000's music, techno, pop, rap, alternative rock and a whole lot of oldies. I will listen to anything at least once. Some favorite artists include *NSync, Carrie Underwood, and Elton John.
9. What’s one hobby that you’d like to take up? I am learning how to renovate my new home, so I am really starting to enjoy learning more about home improvement and investment properties.
10. Where was your last vacation and where did you go? During the summer of 2017, I went on a cruise with many of my friends to Bermuda. I even drove a moped while I was there! It was such a great time!
11. What’s something that you wish you did more of? Exercise and travel. There are so many places I’d love to visit one day — like Hawaii, Australia, Cuba, Ireland and more.
12. Do you have any pets? I ADORE MY PETS. I have a grey cat who I rescued during college and lived with me in the dorms! His name is Chui. I also have a mutt dog named Pepper who I rescued in 2009. Finally, in 2017 I adopted an 8 pound Chihuahua who I named Pablito.